Friday, March 3, 2017

the best of 28 days

Spent 10 days adventuring around Dallas with my brother and his girlfriend. It was so amazing to see this city. But more amazing to spend time with them. We enjoyed a lot of awesome stuff together. City views, museums, the best barbecue and Tex mex to grace my taste buds, and just countless simple memories getting to be together. 


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg



Naomi went to Disney and FaceTimed me so I could see the Fireworks. Friendship at it's finest. 

Displaying IMG_1957.PNG

I've done a lot of soul searching in the wee hours of the morning this month. One night I pulled into my driveway at about 10:30 and I just knew I wasn't going to sleep. I stayed up all night de-cluttering, listening to podcasts and music, and thinking. I went down to the beach at 6 AM and listened to Tongan hymns and watched the sunrise. Real life magic. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

I had been thinking about chopping my hair off for about a month. When it first occurred to me I completely rejected the idea. I thought it was insanity. Long hair is kinda my thing and has been for a while. But I woke up on February 14th and just knew I had to cut my hair as soon as possible. I didn't know when I would find time in my day. But then I miraculously got a text from work asking me to come at 12 instead of 10. I called every salon with good reviews but none of them had availability. I ended up walking into Supercuts because I just HAD to have my hair chopped and soon. If not, I knew I would find myself with office scissors in my bathroom which would inevitably end in tears. There was a huge wait and I BARELY made it in and out with time to get to work, but I went for it. I haven't had any regrets. I feel like I didn't just get rid of hair but I got rid of all that I was ready to shed. 

Displaying Image-1.jpg

I learned a lot about love and family. I'm sure lucky to have mine. I'm especially enjoying every opportunity I have to spend with this guy. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Naomi saved my sanity more than a few times. This picture is from a night where plans fell through and I called Naomi and we went and walked around 30A and looked at art and food we couldn't afford. Then we went and ate food we could afford (Taco Bell), and finished off the night by dying her hair in our Bishop's bathroom. If you don't have a Naomi, get you a Naomi.

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

This is a super giddy, super nervous me trying to play it cool while really dying of joy internally. Does my face capture that? I got to meet Elder Jorg Kliebingat of the Seventy who I have admired for years. In 2014 he gave a talk that really inspired me and taught me something beautiful about the Savior. I studied it a lot before and during my mission. And then a few of my friends and I, on a whim, decided to drive to Jacksonville overnight to go to a conference, and this guy was the keynote speaker. AMAZING. He's sassy, and witty, and strong. I loved hearing from him. Seriously heaven sent. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment